Welcome! I’m so glad to invite you into my “home” in the blogosphere!
Have you ever walked into a stranger’s house and looked around, but didn’t quite know what to expect until you got to know the person a bit better? Well, it’s a little harder to “get to know” a blog/blogger just by stumbling through her front door, so to speak, so I thought I’d try to make it a little easier with this “shortcut” page.
If you’d like to know more about me, personally, click on the “Bio” tab at the top of this page. If you’d like an in depth look at what I believe, doctrinally, click on the “Statement of Faith” tab.
In a nutshell, I’m:
- In my 40s, a mom/stepmom of 5 boys and 1 girl in their teens and twenties.
- A home schooling mom
- A women’s Bible study author, teacher, and speaker
- A ministry wife (my husband is a minister of music)
- A genuinely regenerated Protestant, Southern Baptist, Semi-Reformed (I lean strongly towards Calvinism, but do not agree 100% with every single Calvinist teaching.), mostly Cessationist, non-Emergent, anti-Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel, pro-life, complementarian, conservative Christian who believes the 66 canonized books of the Bible are breathed out by God, true, and sufficient for all aspects of Christian life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- A person who believes the Bible when it says that homosexuality is a sin. It is a sin that can be forgiven just like any other sin.
- A person who believes the Bible when it says that women are not to instruct (preach, teach, etc.) men in the Scriptures or hold authority over men in the church. I’ve explained more about that here if you’re interested.
- Someone who deeply desires that you come to know Christ as Savior by repenting of your sin and placing your faith in His death, burial, and resurrection as the payment for the penalty (an eternity in Hell) for your sin, so that you might live free and forgiven and spend eternity with Christ in Heaven.
THIS IS WHO I AM,
AND THESE ARE THE PERSPECTIVES FROM WHICH I WRITE.
Just wanted to be clear, there.
If you’ve come here expecting something that is contrary to what I’ve outlined above, you’re probably going to be disappointed and/or angered by what I write. I’m OK with that. You are free to believe whatever you like, and I will never try, personally, to argue you out of your beliefs. I hope you’ll extend those same courtesies to me.
Give Me Church Ladies, or I Die?
What a weird tag line, huh? What does it mean? Click here.
Mighty Amazon Women of God?
“She loves…training church ladies to be mighty Amazon women of God”? Yep, you’ll see that on my various bios floating around the web. What does it mean? Click here.
Warning Against False Teachers:
I realize it is takes people by surprise who haven’t been trained in biblical discernment, but out of love for my sisters in Christ, I do, biblically and unashamedly, warn against false teachers. If you are considering commenting or sending me an e-mail objecting to this, please click here and read this article first. Your objection is most likely answered here. I won’t be publishing comments or answering emails that are answered by this article.
While I’m humbled and honored that any author might seek my opinion on her work, I don’t write book reviews.
This is a Bible-based, gospel-centered, Christian blog written primarily for and to Christian women. While I welcome readers and commenters of any background or belief, I do not welcome, publish, or respond to every comment that is submitted. Your comment will not be published or responded to if:
- It contains profanity, vulgarity, name calling, or questions my salvation or the salvation of others who share the beliefs I’ve outlined above.
- It is written in an angry, vicious, or “looking for a fight” tone. This blog is a “living room,” not a street fight. If you’re looking for a place to fight, please go somewhere else. No one is forcing you to subscribe to or follow this blog, and if you’re trying to argue me out of my beliefs as outlined above, you’re wasting your time.
- It contains a defense or favorable presentation of false doctrine or anything else that is in conflict with Scripture (as outlined above). While I’m certainly capable of refuting false doctrine scripturally, again, I simply don’t have the time or energy to do so beyond what I write in my articles, and I will not publish false doctrine without refuting it.
- It is an objection to the fact that I warn against false teachers (see “Warning Against False Teachers” above).
- It indicates that you haven’t read the article you’re commenting on because you’ve asked a question or raised an issue that’s clearly addressed in the article. (On these comments, I do go back and re-read the article, and if I feel I’ve been unclear, I will clarify.)
- It’s clearly spam. Sharing articles or links that are relevant to the article you’re commenting on is fine, though.
- I’ve closed the comments section on a handful of articles. That means I won’t be posting any more comments on that article anywhere on this blog. Please don’t attempt to comment about one article in the comments section of an unrelated article simply because I’ve closed comments on an article you want to respond to. Your comment will not be posted.
- As of March 2017, I will not be responding to (and often, not publishing) blog comments which require more than five minutes of my time to answer. While I love hearing from readers, it is simply taking too much time away from my family to engage in long, in depth, or teaching conversations in the comments section of my articles. Please click here for more information.
E-mail and Social Media:
The above parameters also generally apply to any e-mails you might send me or to comments, posts, or private messages on my social media pages.
Additionally, while I love hearing from readers and am happy to answer your questions, I regret that I just don’t have time to carry on an on-going “pen pal” type of relationship via e-mail, private message, or phone with readers.
As of March 2017, I find I am overwhelmed with e-mails and social media private messages and will not be able to respond to most of them, nor can I speak on the phone in response to questions. While I love hearing from readers, corresponding is simply taking too much time away from my family. Please click here for more information.
My family is a one income family, so I allow WordPress to run ads on my site as a way to bring in a little extra money. Normally, the ads that run are family friendly, but readers have occasionally reported seeing ads that are inappropriate. I want to assure you that I do not select these ads, nor am I given an opportunity to approve or reject them. If you ever see an inappropriate advertisement, please click here for further instructions and information.